- Submission Title
- Speaker Name(s)
- Speaker Email (this is how we will contact you) Hidden from reviewers
- Speaker biography (150 words or less per speaker) Hidden from reviewers
- Abstract for your training (200 words or less) Please refrain from including identifying information
- Detailed training outline Please refrain from including identifying information
- Length of the training session? (4 & 8 hour slots)
- Who is the target audience for the training?
- What pre-requisite knowledge is helpful and/or required?
- Why is this training a good fit for CircleCityCon?
- Whether this would be your first training session at a conference
- Whether this training session has been previously given at another conference
- Shirt Size
- Equipment Needs (beyond internet access and AV equipment)
If the submission is missing any of the above items, it will not be accepted. CircleCityCon reserves the right to throw out papers in which the author’s personal information is contained in the abstract or detailed outline.
We will do our best to accommodate equipment needs, but presenters are responsible for any equipment beyond internet access and A/V equipment provided.
- December 5th, 2017: Call For Papers Opens
- January 26th, 2018: First Round closes
- February 9th, 2018: First Round notifications sent
- March 3rd, 2018: Second Round closes
- March 17th, 2018: Second Round notifications sent
- May 30th - June 3rd, 2018: Crossroads and CircleCityCon
Each CircleCityCon submitted training will be double-blind reviewed (the reviewers do not see the author names and the authors do not see their reviewer names) by a committee of dedicated reviewers.
A final group of core conference staff will make a final judgement on each talk based on the comments provided by the double-blind review panel. Reviewers score talks based on a number of criteria included, but not limited to:
- Detail of submission
- Novelty of the training
- Whether the training has been given previously
- Whether the training has been recorded previously
We offer two submission rounds for talks. CircleCityCon believes in feedback and education as part of the CFP process. With that in mind, we will send out clear acceptance and rejection letters at the end of each round, which will include feedback from reviewers.
If your talk is not accepted in the first round, we strongly encourage you to rework your talk and resubmit in the second round.
Accepted speakers will receive free admission to CircleCityCon, as well as a +1 ticket for a friend.